Friday, September 30, 2011

Annika wish wish wishs tonight.

A little Annika update: Since today is Friday, Annika and I went to the mall. We go to the mall every Friday for a MOPS playdate in the little playplace. It’s a great little play area and the kids love it. On the way to the mall, Annika asked, “Are we going to Friday?” I told her, “Yes. Yes we are.” I’m pretty sure she thinks that the playplace is the “mall.” After playing, we went up and had lunch with some friends. Grady is 3 and is just as sweet as can be. He announced that Annika was his best friend- to which Annika threw her arms in the air, and yelled “yay!”
After all that fun, we headed upstairs to the Macy’s shoe section for some mommy fun! I ended up leaving with 3 pairs of shoes. Woo! Annika and I had a blast. Well, she had a blast with the shoes. I had a blast watching her have fun. The salesclerks basically tried to steal her because she was so cute, and I had to strongarm my way out of the store with my daughter! She tried on every shoe she could find, and announced “Too big!” then handed them back to the clerks. She brought shoes for me to try on, she tried to get strangers to try on shoes. She showed off her tap-dancing moves. She found the little hiding spot behind the chairs and hid there for 15 minutes or so. In writing, it sounds like she was a maniac, but she really wasn’t. She was just as sweet as can be, and there wasn’t anyone else in the department, so the clerks were doting on her.

Tonight, I carried her out to the car to get something, and she freaked out because it was too dark, then suddenly noticed the stars and gasped, “It’s a starry starry night!” I think that she actually knew that was the title of the painting from Little Einstiens or maybe Doctor Who. Either way, she nailed it. The stars are amazing tonight. Annika made a wish that went like this.
“Wish wish wish tonight. Wish chocolate cake. And toys. And chocolate cake and frosting. And toys. And chocolate cake/frosting and strawberries. And toys. Wish wish wish. Yay!!”

Next time: Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment