Friday, June 24, 2011

Another weekend, another fever

For the second weekend in a row, one of my babies has a fever. Last weekend, Isabella's fever was 103-104 most of the weekend. Today, Annika's fever is just over 102. Which means we're hanging out at home. Again. I really hope that it's just a one day thing, because I'm already still a little stir crazy still from last weekend!
Do you ever look at your kids and your heart just hurts with love? I'm amazed at how fast things go, and while I know that if Annika acted like a 3 year old forever, that would mean something was terribly wrong, but I just love them being little.
We went to Explora yesterday, which is the kids' science museum in Albuquerque. We bought a family pass a couple of months ago, which was a great deal because it pays for itself in just four visits. Annika insisted on wearing her monkey backpack with the leash, and it just cracks me up that she loves to wear that thing. If we had one of those for Isabella at that age? She probably would have found a way to burn it.
Isabella loves science and experiments and all that stuff. She and the neighbor boy prowl around the backyard, examining insects of all sorts and digging in the ground for fossils. Her favorite show is Fetch with Ruff Ruffman, which is a game show with kids and a cartoon dog. The dog sends them on all kind of adventures, most of which are learning excercises about physics, or lasers, cooking, or whatever. So, as you can imagine, Explora is right up her alley. Yesterday, she had the microscope out examing all kinds of dead bugs and particles, which somehow seguewayed into her holding a live stick bug while examing it with a magnifying glass. I was pretty freaked out by it. I certainly wasn't going to hold it, but she did, and emboldened by her sister, so did Annika! I wish I had it on camera. She kept giggling and saying that it tickled. Amazing, no?

Annika repeats the last few words of anything you say, which is pretty funny. She says it in this deep little voice, so it's like an echo around here all the time. She's such a precious little thing. Easy going, giggly, sweet. It's hard to remember that when she crosses her arms and pouts, that laughing is not the appropriate response. Making her do it again so that her dad can see? Even less appropriate. (Not that I've ever done that).

Cross your fingers that Annika is better tomorrow. I don't think I can face another day of All Dora, All Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment